Friday, September 18, 2009

Ok, I was doing the limits worksheet, and was wondering if anyone can explain to me number 36. I do not understand why the domain does not include anything between and includig o-1. Also, I wanted to know if anyone wanted to compare answers to 13, 27, and 3o, because those were the ones I was unsure about. I did like number 17, because at first I had no clue how to solve it, then I remembered the rule about the limiit sinx/x=1 as x->0. Then the problem was easy! Also, btw, the greatest integer function came up (no 11 and 12), so I am glad we talked about it in class. Overall, I am getting much better at finding limits. Also, I find it easier sometimes to graph the function and use a table to find the limit if Ican't simply plug it in, rather than doing it algebraically. Hopefully that will be ok on a test (yes, no Mr. Flint?). It is just helpful to see an actual picture, and makes it less abstract.

1 comment:

  1. i graphed pretty much everything, so i hope that's okay haha

    i got..
    13 b
    27 a
    30 b

    for number 36, i think x = 1 is included in the domain at f(x) = .083333. the limit does not exist though (E) because from the right side of x = 0 the function does not exist. i bet that didn't answer your question, but hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete